NESDO Nepal Completed 25 years of its operation. NESDO Nepal came into existence to serve the poor, marginalized community of Nepal. Over the years NESDO Nepal has been able to overcome difficulties it faced and developed many economic, social and safety nets, service dedicated towards improving the socio-economic conditions of the poor people. The milestone reached by NESDO Nepal has been divided into three phase. Nepal
Inception Stage: 2052-2057(1995 to 2000)
- Registered As an NGO.
- Depend on Welfare.
- Start Donor based Program/Services.
- Awareness building of the poor for enabling them to perform the necessary social function.
- Women empowerment through the improvement of Health, Education, Sanitation.
- Self-help promotion.
- Depend on donor based project/program.
- Feel lack of sustainability in donor based program.
Reformative Phase :2057-2062(2001-2005)
- Get License from NRB, (The central Bank of Nepal) for microfinance activities.
- During this period Lon term Donor based program started in the local Area.
- Micro finance Program dominated by Donor based Program.
- Expansion of CDP in other district of Nepal.
- Micro finance Program confined to Parbat district only.
- Little bit confusion whether to expand Micro finance program or fully depend on CDP in the long run.
Specialization Phase: 2062-to date (2005-to date)
- Specialized in Micro finance program.
- Market survey and need based product design.
- Expansion of Micro finance in other districts of
- More Emphasis on Micro finance than Donor Based Program
- Capacity Development training Started for
- Different Welfare scheme introduced for clients.
- Expansion of Program in the remote hilly area.
- Improvement in the service delivery system.
- Introduce Low cost Housing program for the ultra-poor
- Educational /Foreign employment loan introduce for client’s family member.
- Introduce Remittance service for clients.
- Health Awareness program was initiated to create awareness among the clients on cleanliness and pursuing healthy habit in daily life.
- Micro enterprise Loan for male was introduce.
- Established itself as a lead FINGO in the hilly area of Nepal.
- Completed all process for Converting it in to a “ Micro finance Development Bank”
- Credit plus services will be supported by NESDO Nepal to Bank’s clients.